Notice: Undefined variable: adsns_count in /home/systemte/public_html/electrical/wp-content/plugins/adsense-plugin/adsense-plugin.php on line 346
Workshop – HSE Inspectors Guide to Electrical Safety – 14th September 2016
This workshop will be delivered by current and former Specialist Electrical Inspectors with extensive industry experience including giving guidance to duty holders, experience with serious incident investigations and enforcement action. The workshop is based on HSE’s practical enforcement experience which arises out of the businesses it inspects, generally those in the higher risk industries but also those where although the hazards can be high, the risks are thought to be well-controlled.
The workshop will give you a practical understanding of what HSE inspectors are looking for in the control of general electrical safety risks, including the risk and appropriate controls. You will review known high risk electrical safety issues together with the appropriate controls based on HSE’s investigation experiences and understand the practical application of HSE’s Enforcement Management Model.
The course will cover:
- Relevant legislation, guidance and industry best practice.
- High-risk and priority issues an HSE inspector will focus on in general electrical safety.
- Managing electrical distribution networks and controlling risks to third parties; legislation, guidance.
- How to reflect on and plan for any necessary improvements in the control of risks associated with electricity before an HSE inspector calls.
- Electrical safety issues that are likely to trigger enforcement action.
- What happens when things go wrong? (An insight into forensic investigation)
Who should attend?
Health and Safety Professionals responsible for managing or advising on the interface between businesses and the HSE. Business owners, senior managers and technical specialists responsible for managing and controlling general electrical safety risks. Owners and operators of both public (licenced) and private (unlicenced) electrical distribution networks.
The course will be run at the HSL laboratory in the spa town of Buxton. Buxton is in the heart of the Peak District and has good links to mainline train stations and Manchester International Airport.
Details of hotels in the Buxton area can be found at www.visitbuxton.co.uk
The cost of this course is £495 per person (includes course notes, lunch and refreshments).
For more details, or to book on this please click here
Details via HSL website.