This Code of Practice provides a clear overview of EV charging equipment, as well as setting out the considerations needed prior to installation and the necessary physical and electrical installation requirements. It also details what needs to be considered when installing electric vehicle charging equipment in various different locations – such as domestic dwellings, on-street locations, and commercial and industrial premises.
Key changes from the second edition include:
- Two completely new sections
- Vehicles as Energy Storage
- Integration with smart metering and control, automation and monitoring systems
- A new Annex
- A complete update to the new requirements in BS 7671:2018
- Bringing the Code in line with revised regulations and good practice
The risk assessments and checklists have also been reviewed and revised.
This very well established Code of Practice, supported by all the major stakeholders in the industry, is essential reading for anyone involved in the rapid expansion of EV charging points, and those involved in maintenance, extension, modification and periodic verification of electrical installations that incorporate EV charging.